Human rights, Access to Justice and Development
SHED is an indigenous Non-governmental organization dully registered with the National NGO bureau under registration number 3117. Our programming rides on systems thinking as well as the positive peace framework; we strongly believe that peace will only prevail in a society where there is a well-functioning government, equitable distribution of resources, free flow of information, good relations with neighbors, high levels of human capital, acceptance of rights of others, low levels of corruption and a sound business environment. Our wholistic approach in addressing societal challenges is also inspired by the nexus between democracy, peace and sustainable development.
- Mutual respect
- Team work
- Providing legal aid services.
- Supporting the welfare of vulnerable groups and troubled communities through development initiatives.
- Conducting Peace and Development Research.
- Conducting leadership and development training.
- Offering consultancy services in peace building, conflict prevention, resolution and transformation.
- Facilitating peace processes through; advocacy, education, dialogue and mediation.
The Secretariat is responsible for day to day implementation and co-ordination of activities of the organization.
It is made up of full and part time staff. Below are some of the current members of the secretariat:
Mr. Mutebi Fred Mawande - Vice Chairperson
Mr. Mukasa Joseph – Treasurer
Ms. Harriet Nalwanga - Secretary
Ms. Namutebi Kizito - Member
Ms. Teddy Babirye – Member
Ms. Nakato Margret - Member
Ms. Agnes Batangira - Programs coordinator
Ms. Agnes Balungi - Project officer
Ms. Grace Kyomuhangi – Accountant Mr. Tom Lutalo Bbossa - Monitoring and Evaluation officer
Mr. Bwoye William - Volunteer/ Accounts Assistant
Ms. Clare Ogwang – Volunteer/ Community Development officer.